Meet Our Team
Michigan Education Corps staff who directly supports interventionists across the state
Thomas (Tom) Bobo, AmeriCorps Program Director
email@example.com, (616) 490-4529
Tom is responsible for the management of training, onboarding, development and support of the AmeriCorps members who
serve on behalf of MEC. Tom also ensures that our programs meet compliance standards and program outcomes related to the AmeriCorps grant. Tom directly support MEC Math Corps interventionists and K-3 Reading Corps interventionists in Kentwood, Decatur, Zeeland and Allegan.
Information about fingerprinting, ordering gear and other onboarding tasks will come or has already come from Tom. Please check your inbox for this information.
Grace Kelley, AmeriCorps Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org, (616) 916-2807
Grace is focused on member engagement and support. Grace directly supports all PreK Reading Corps members and K-3 Reading Corps Members in west and north Michigan.
Kaye Sutherland, AmeriCorps Coorinator
Kaye is also focused on member engagement and support. Kaye directly supports K-3 Reading Corps Members in mid and east Michigan.
Tina Lauritzen, MEC Executive Assistant
Tina is the newest member to our team! She is responsible for the
day-to-day administration of Michigan Education Corps and takes pride in a
relationship based personal approach to the team. This approach is a vital
component in the success Michigan Education Corps.
Information about training registration will come from Tina.
Deadlines and Reminders
These are important tasks to complete before Institute in August!
Tom Bobo has sent you information about these deadlines and reminders, but they’re so important, we want to give them to you again!
1. Paperwork – you will need to
complete some paperwork at a regional in-person session with a member of the
2. Fingerprinting (Fieldprint) – you must be fingerprinted as part of an FBI Background Check. Check your email for instructions from MEC staff on how to schedule this appointment at a regional location nearest to
3. Enrollment (MyAmeriCorps) – All
members must complete their MyAmeriCorps Enrollment invitation prior to their
start date. Keep an eye out for an
email from: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Order your gear by July 28th! You’ll receive a fleece zip-up jacket, polo, lanyard and badge. All gear will be given to you at training.
5. Institute Training and Orientation Registration- You must complete registration for training. This will ensure you have a hotel room, meals, dietary requests and materials prepared for you.
6. Enjoy your summer! We are so excited that you are a part of our team and we cannot wait for you to begin your service term with Michigan Education Corps!